Free Bosch MeasureOn App Offers End-to-End Project Management for Bosch BLAZE™ GLM 50 C and Bosch GLM 100 C Laser Measures
Smart device with Bluetooth® connectivity opens the door to real-time capture and sharing of everything from room dimensions to notes on how to configure a space
Mt. Prospect, Ill., March 20, 2017 – Lose the pencil and paper; ditch the project binder. With the new Bosch MeasureOn app, users get a clear digital overview of all project details – including floor plans, measurements, photos and notes. These features are all viewable with a smartphone or tablet in one app. MeasureOn is free to download and free to use. The app will be available starting March 20 at the Apple App Store® and the Google Play™ Store.
The app works with the Bosch BLAZE™ GLM 50 C and Bosch GLM 100 C laser measures to speed up the measuring process, improve measurement precision, enhance the organization and reliability of project documents, reduce information transfer mistakes, store project images with measurements and notes, and create floorplans. All data can be instantly transferred to an iOS® or Android™ smart device, making MeasureOn an ideal solution for architects, contractors, installers, trade professionals and real estate professionals.
- Click to Tweet: New app alert: @BoschToolsNA launches #MeasureOn for connected laser measures, integrating project management - boschtools.com/blaze
Getting Started with MeasureOn
Using the MeasureOn app, users can quickly connect through Bluetooth®, create customer profiles and set up and manage projects. Initiating and managing profiles and projects enables outstanding digital organization of documents. Import or enter customer data, add notes and to do lists, and access this information easily.
The process to use Bosch MeasureOn is easy:
- Connect the Bosch measurement device with the app via Bluetooth
- Choose the desired device out of the available devices that have been found (only one device can be connected at a time)
- Devices that already have been connected are recognized automatically, and users can edit the name of the device
- Easily create customer profiles, and import or manually enter data (phone, email and address, etc.)
- Add a list of to dos and manage a summary of all tasks, with checked and unchecked items
- Call or email customers through the app
“Bosch MeasureOn offers BLAZE GLM 50 C and GLM 100 C users a powerful program that closes the loop on end-to-end project management,” said Stephanie Dahl, product manager, measuring tools, BOSCH POWER TOOLS. “Our goal is to provide users with real-world tools that make their jobs more efficient and precise. With MeasureOn, we’ve also made users’ jobs easier – putting more time back in their day.”
Overlay Measurements on Photos
Using the app with a BLAZE GLM 50 C or GLM 100 C, users can overlay project/jobsite measurements on photos for easy data management and reducing errors. Take a photo with a smart device or select a photo from the library, then digitally transfer measurements directly to the photo. For more advanced project management capabilities, users can add notes to photos, record measurements without manual calculation or errors and save and share photos.
Photos can be stored in the Bosch MeasureOn app or sent via email to share with others.
- To organize work, users can create as many projects as needed, name them, add photos, measurement and comments
- Add written notes or voice notes to projects for better project management
- All measurements are automatically saved with time and date, and can be named and further processed in the app
- Share digital transfer measurements with co-workers or customers via email (whole projects as pdf, pictures as JPG or measurements as CSV documents)
- The app together with the BLAZE GLM 50 C or the GLM 100 C laser measure speeds up the measuring process, minimizes transfer mistakes and helps users organize and document their work
Digital Floor Plans
This app makes it possible to simplify and improve the previous pen-and-paper method of working by using the quick sketch streamlined digital work method, as well as the option of full detailed floor plan method. Quick sketch helps to create simple floor plans that just require basic room measurements with 90° angles. Detailed floor plans include all measurements (including wall thickness) and angles for plans with exact measurements.
- Draw floor plans with the help of lines, squares or polylines
- Draw dimensions with fast data transfer via Bluetooth-enabled Bosch laser measures or manually enter measurements
- Add and dimension doors and windows in wall view
- Import and check photos of existing paper floor plans
- Save and share drawings as .pdf files via email, including measured values
- Draw a new floor plan with ease and transfer measurements directly from the laser measure in real time
- Efficient project management means adding text notes, photos and to-dos; import and check photos of existing paper floor plans and email MeasureOn pdf documents
The free-to-download and free-to-use MeasureOn and GLM floor plan apps support the BLAZE GLM 50 C and the GLM 100 C laser measures, using Bluetooth wireless technology to make data transfer seamless.
To learn more about the Bosch MeasureOn App for Bosch BLAZE GLM 50 C and GLM 100 C laser measures or to find a local dealer, visit www.boschtools.com or call 877-BOSCH-99. Check out www.bethepro.com for additional tips and videos.
Bosch MeasureOn App Fact Box
Bosch MeasureOn App
iOS® and Android™ smartphones and tablets
Available March 20 at Apple App Store® and Google Play™ Store
Android™ 4.0 and higher
iOS® 7.0 and later
Available in 36 languages
Free to download; free to use
Bluetooth® is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
IOS® is a registered trademark of Cisco Systems; iOS® is used under license by Apple Inc.
Android™ is a trademark of Google Inc.
Apple App Store® is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.
Google Play™ Store is a trademark of Google Inc.
- Like Bosch on Facebook: facebook.com/boschtoolsNA
- Follow Bosch on Twitter: twitter.com/boschtoolsNA
- Watch Bosch videos on YouTube: youtube.com/boschtoolsNA
Having established a regional presence in 1906 in North America, the Bosch Group employs some 32,500 associates in more than 100 locations, as of December 31, 2016. According to preliminary figures, in 2016 Bosch generated consolidated sales of $13.7 billion in the U.S., Canada and Mexico. For more information, visit www.boschusa.com, www.bosch.com.mx and www.bosch.ca.
The Bosch Group is a leading global supplier of technology and services. It employs roughly 390,000 associates worldwide (as of December 31, 2016). According to preliminary figures, the company generated sales of 73.1 billion euros ($80.9 billion) in 2016. Its operations are divided into four business sectors: Mobility Solutions, Industrial Technology, Consumer Goods, and Energy and Building Technology. As a leading IoT company, Bosch offers innovative solutions for smart homes, smart cities, connected mobility, and connected industry. It uses its expertise in sensor technology, software, and services, as well as its own IoT cloud, to offer its customers connected, cross-domain solutions from a single source. The Bosch Group’s strategic objective is to create solutions for a connected life, and to improve quality of life worldwide with products and services that are innovative and spark enthusiasm. In short, Bosch creates technology that is “Invented for life.” The Bosch Group comprises Robert Bosch GmbH and its roughly 450 subsidiaries and regional companies in some 60 countries. Including sales and service partners, Bosch’s global manufacturing, engineering, and sales network covers nearly every country in the world. The basis for the company’s future growth is its innovative strength. At 120 locations across the globe, Bosch employs 59,000 associates in research and development.
Additional information is available online at www.bosch.com, www.iot.bosch.com,
Exchange rate: 1 EUR = $1.1069
Bosch in North America
In the U.S., Canada and Mexico, the Bosch Group manufactures and markets automotive original equipment and aftermarket products, industrial drives and control technology, power tools, security and communication systems, packaging technology, thermotechnology, household appliances, healthcare telemedicine and software solutions. For more information, please visit www.boschusa.com, www.bosch.com.mx and www.bosch.ca.www.boschusa.com.
About Robert Bosch Tool Corporation
Robert Bosch Tool Corporation, the Power Tools Division of North America, was formed in January 2003 when Robert Bosch GmbH combined its North American diverse power tool and accessories businesses into one organization. As a manufacturing pioneer with more than a century’s worth of experience, the Bosch name has become synonymous with engineering excellence. Located throughout North America as part of the global power tools division, Bosch associates maintain a legacy of world-class design, manufacture and sale for power tools, rotary and oscillating tools, accessories and measuring tools. For more information, call toll-free 877-BOSCH-99 (877-267-2499) or visit www.boschtools.com.
For further information: Steve Wilcox, Brand Manager, BOSCH POWER TOOLS, 224.232.2417, Steve.Wilcox@us.bosch.com -- OR -- Andy Ambrosius, Manager, Media Relations, 312.673.6061, Andy.Ambrosius@techimage.com